Jenkins Creek Elementary PTA (9.7.22)
2020-2021 General Membership Meeting Schedule
General Membership Meetings are typically held the second Thursday of the month, 7pm currently on Zoom. Hopefully to be in person soon!
PTA general meeting - December 9th via zoom at 7pm.
(No November meeting)
Check email for the link. If did not receive a link and would like one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send one out to you.
Join the Jenkins Creek Elementary PTA today!
We are calling for any PTA members who want to help out by being on our Executive board!
It is a fun group and want you to join us!!
You are only committed to two meetings a month. One is the executive board meeting and the other is the general meeting.
It is a perfect way to get involved with the school and really make a difference!! You can bring ideas to the table, vote on things that you think will make a difference and participate in school events.
Positions that are open and need to be filled ASAP:
- Fundraising: Help the PTA figure out fun and innovative ways to raise money.
- President: Currently we have a stand-in president to help us in our journey forward. If you are interested, you get a unique opportunity to work with her to help guide you on your way! It is a great way to start!!
- Membership: How can you help get others to join? Are you considered someone who can motivate people? Social? Fun? Awesome? Then this is the position for you!!
Chair positions available (Do not need to attend executive meetings- only general)
- Art docent: We need someone to help get art back into the classrooms. Help us find creative ways for kids to embrace their imagination
- Scholastic book fair: Help be our point of contact with scholastic books and get books into the hands of the kids!
What a record-breaking year!! We were able to raise $16,172 for the school. Teachers will get 20% towards their classrooms. This could not happen without the awesome help of family, friends, staff and teachers!! We sincerely thank you!!
Here are some fun facts!
- There were 696 pleges
- APEX leadership taught 126 lessons. That is 28 classes a day!!! Cheeto and Jumpstart Jessie made sure to go to every classroom while at Jenkins Creek!
- The school ran a total of 15,672 laps
- We had 33 students reach the $10/move goal. Because of that, APEX will be donating their own proceeds to Feeding America
- 30% of pledges came from parents. 70% came from other sources!!
- There were pledges from 28 states!!
The theme was AS ONE this year. All lessons are geared towards showing students how to manage their time and feelings, be aware of and care for others, solve problems and make great decisions!!
Again, Thank you to everyone to make this possible!!
Scholastic Book Fair
We are currently looking for a Scholastic Book Fair chair person.
To be a chair person, you must be a PTA member.
Some things you will be in charge of:
- Setting up/taking down the book fair
- With the help of volunteers, running the book fair: Getting money for the event, helping students with purchases, working with staff
- Being the point of contact with Scholastic Book (Mimi Hernandez)
The book fair coming up will be February 25th-March 4th
Come join us and help students find their love of reading!!
PTA Sponsored Clubs
Chess Club - Stay tuned for updates
We miss you! Stay safe! Questions? Contact Nan Sargeant (Nanette.Sargeant@kent.k12.wa.us).
Robotics Club - .
CLUB ON PAUSE UNTIL WE RETURN TO SCHOOL. CHECK EMAIL FOR UPDATES.
Questions? Interested in becoming a Robotics Coach? (no experience necessary) Contact Annie Markowitz (email@example.com)
Show your Jenkins Creek Pride!
Let us know if you are interested. We schedule out for orders.
VIPS - Volunteer in Public Schools
Do you want to volunteer at Jenkins Creek? Please complete your VIPS Application online. The application can be found at https://wa49000006.schoolwires.net/domain/1107
All volunteers must provide proof of COVID vaccination.
OPEN, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Steffen Hefley, Secretary, email@example.com
Lisa Lord, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN, VP of Fundraising, email@example.com
Jennifer Lengyel, VP of Volunteers, firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN, VP of Memebrship
To nurture the education of all students by developing relationships between families, staff, and community.
Jenkins Creek Elementary PTA (9.7.22)